- The Nvidia Shield TV is now much more tough with higher Google Home integration.
- Certain options which have been lacking or inconsistent are right here and dealing now.
- However, Nvidia makes it complicated which options are new and which of them are outdated.
Even despite the fact that the Nvidia Shield TV is our favourite media streamer (and nonetheless the most productive Android TV instrument you’ll be able to purchase), it’s not at all highest (we’ll communicate extra about that during a 2d). Despite its imperfections, Nvidia is operating arduous to make the instrument even higher, with new Google Home integrations rolling out now.
After your Nvidia Shield TV receives the most-recent replace, you are going to have extra voice keep an eye on over what your Shield TV does via Google Assistant. All you need to do is be certain your Shield TV and Google Home sensible speaker or sensible show are attached to the similar house community.
Now, that is the place issues get complicated and why the Shield TV is some distance from highest. First off, the Shield TV has Assistant constructed proper into it, so one would suppose integration with Google Home can be a snap. However, that’s now not the case and there are if truth be told many options and instructions which don’t paintings in any respect or on the very least erratically.
Secondly, the checklist Nvidia revealed of “new” instructions you’ll be able to use with Google Home is blended up with instructions that have labored for a very long time now. For instance, the checklist comprises, “Hey Google, play
To stay issues easy, this is the entire checklist of instructions Nvidia says now paintings with Shield TV. All you Shield house owners available in the market will most probably know which of them already labored and which of them are updates:
- “Turn on SHIELD”
- “Turn off SHIELD”
- “Open [name of app] on SHIELD”
- “Set quantity to 50% on SHIELD”
- “Increase/lower quantity on SHIELD”
- “Mute/unmute quantity on SHIELD”
- “Play [name of Netflix, HBO NOW, CBS, Viki, or Starz show] on SHIELD”
- “Play [name of song] on [name of app] on SHIELD”
- “Watch [name of channel] on YouTube TV on SHIELD”
on YouTube on SHIELD”
- “Pause on SHIELD”
- “Play on SHIELD”
Photos and Smart Home
- “Show me my photos from Egypt on SHIELD”
- “Show me my photos from closing weekend on SHIELD”
- “Dim the lighting fixtures”
- “Set the temperature to 72 levels”
If you’re a Shield TV proprietor, tell us within the feedback how those updates be just right for you!
from Android Authority https://ift.tt/2AhVSEU
by means of IFTTT