There is nothing better than hearing the sound of the startup of a newly bought Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, even better are the sound of the ringtones of Samsung included included in the package. This is just one of the more pleasant features of the new flagship phone models from Samsung among many others that make it one of the best contenders of 2018.
Thankfully, owners are given the option and chance customize the said ringtones to their satisfaction and make them distinguishable from thousands of other models. Thanks to the new features of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, users can add and create custom ringtones much easier now.
These ringtones can then be assigned to individual contacts so that the phone owners will know who exactly is calling and so they can decide how urgent the call is or when to set it aside. This also adds a layer of personalization to the smartphone and makes you feel that it really is your one and only phone.
The contacts whose ringtones can be customized can range from anyone in the phone contact list including friends, family, colleagues, and more so that the owners can easily distinguish the identity of the caller without having to look at the phone. Apart from calls, different ringtones can also be assigned to text messages which function similarly albeit more briefly than phone call ringtones.
How to Set Custom Ringtones for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus:
- Go to the home screen of the device
- Open the dialer
- Select the contacts list, browse through them and pick the contact whose ringtone you want to customize
- Once you have selected a contact, there should be a pen icon on the top right corner, press on this to edit the contact settings
- Select the ringtone button;
- This should open up a list of available ringtones in your phone, pick the one you want for the said contact
- You can also add some ringtones which are not on the list. Press the “Add” button on the ringtone selection screen and locate the specific audio in the device
- You should keep in mind that this is only for one contact. Should you want to customize others, you will have to do them individually. Otherwise, unedited contacts will remain using the default ringtone you set for calls.
If you want to change the default ringtone, then the instructions are right below.
How to Change the Default Ringtone for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus:
Supposed the default ringtone for phone calls is not to your liking, what then? As pleasant the default sounds are, some people simply prefer a more personal ringtone. Reasons can range from setting the calls apart from the other devices, to just personal taste.
Luckily, you can do just this with a few easy steps.
- With the phone turned on, go to the home screen
- Look for the Apps icon and press on it to open the app selection menu
- Select the Settings icon, the one that looks like a mechanical cog wheel
- This should open up the phone’s settings menu, under the list, look for “Sounds and Vibration” setting and select it
- This should open up another menu where you must look for ringtone and select it
- Select a ringtone from the list, these are all the included ringtones in the phone
- Should you desire a different ringtone, you can choose the “Add” button. Then locate an audio file in your device and include them in the ringtone list
If you did this correctly, then your ringtone is now something of your own choice. You can always go back and change it to another one by following the steps again.