The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) supplies the libraries, the Java Virtual Machine, and different parts to run applets and packages written within the Java programming language. In addition, two key deployment applied sciences are a part of the JRE: Java Plug-in, which allows applets to run in well-liked browsers; and Java Web Start, which deploys standalone packages over a community. Users must set up the 32-bit model if they’re the usage of 32-bit browsers. If you utilize each 32-bit and 64-bit browser interchangeably, you want a Java Plug-in for each and every browser. Hence it is very important set up each 32-bit and 64-bit Java respectively.
• IANA Data 2017b
JDK 8u151 incorporates IANA time zone knowledge model 2017b. For additional info, consult with Timezone Data Versions within the JRE Software.
• Certificate Changes: Remove revoked Swisscom root certificates ‘swisscomrootevca2’
One Swisscom root certificates has been revoked via Swisscom and has been got rid of: Swisscom Root EV CA 2
alias: ‘swisscomrootevca2 [jdk]’
DN: CN=Swisscom Root EV CA 2, OU=Digital Certificate Services, O=Swisscom, C=ch
JDK-8186330 (now not public)
• New Features New Security belongings to regulate crypto coverage
This free up introduces a brand new characteristic wherein the JCE jurisdiction coverage recordsdata utilized by the JDK can also be managed by the use of a brand new Security belongings. In older releases, JCE jurisdiction recordsdata needed to be downloaded and put in one after the other to permit limitless cryptography for use via the JDK.
• Changes Refactor present suppliers to consult with the similar constants for default values for key duration
• Changes Collections use serialization filter out to restrict array sizes
Deserialization of positive assortment circumstances will reason arrays to be allotted. The ObjectInputFilter.testInput() way is now known as previous to allocation of those arrays.
• Changes keytool now prints warnings when studying or producing certificate/certificates requests/CRLs the usage of vulnerable algorithms
With one exception, keytool will at all times print a caution if the certificates, certificates request, or CRL it’s parsing, verifying, or producing is the usage of a vulnerable set of rules or key.
Homepage – http://www.oracle.com