Following the conclusion of its 2018 fiscal yr, which ended September 29, Apple lately filed its annual Form 10-Ok [PDF] with the SEC. We’ve combed in the course of the exhaustive, legalese-rich 72-page file so that you do not have to.
- 9,000 extra staff: Apple has 132,000 full-time staff as of the top of its 2018 fiscal yr, up from 123,000 a yr prior.
- R&D bills upward push just about $3 billion: Apple spent $14.2 billion on analysis and construction in its 2018 fiscal yr, a just about 23 % build up over the $11.5 billion it spent in its 2017 fiscal yr.
- Apple continues to execute its percentage repurchase program: Apple had 23,712 shareholders of document as of October 26, 2018, down from 25,333 as of October 20, 2017. There have been 4,754,986 exceptional stocks of Apple inventory as of the top of its 2018 fiscal yr.
- Genius Bar bills are down: Apple’s bills from guaranty claims totaled $4.1 billion in its 2018 fiscal yr, down from $4.3 billion in its 2017 fiscal yr and $4.6 billion in its 2016 fiscal yr.
- CapEx to drop: Apple anticipates using roughly $14 billion for capital expenditures all the way through its 2019 fiscal yr, down from $16.7 billion in its 2018 fiscal yr. The capital is used against Apple’s production apparatus, information facilities, company amenities, and retail retail outlets.
- Apple snaps up extra place of business area: Apple owned 16.5 million sq. toes and leased 24.3 million sq. toes of establishing area as of September 29, 2018. By comparability, Apple owned 13.4 million sq. toes and leased 23.0 million sq. toes of establishing area as of September 30, 2017.
Apple’s annual Form 10-Ok additionally recognizes that “global industry disputes” may adversely impact its industry, nearly no doubt relating to an ongoing industry dispute between the United States and China:
International industry disputes may outcome in price lists and different protectionist measures that might adversely impact the Company’s industry. Tariffs may build up the price of the Company’s merchandise and the parts and uncooked fabrics that pass into making them. These greater prices may adversely affect the gross margin that the Company earns on its merchandise. Tariffs may additionally make the Company’s merchandise costlier for patrons, which might make the Company’s merchandise much less aggressive and cut back client call for. Countries might also undertake different protectionist measures that might restrict the Company’s talent to supply its services and products. Political uncertainty surrounding global industry disputes and protectionist measures may even have a destructive impact on client self assurance and spending, which might adversely impact the Company’s industry.
Apple’s annual Form 10-Ok may also be considered or downloaded in a number of codecs from the corporate’s Investor Relations site.
Note: Due to the political nature of the dialogue relating to this subject, the dialogue thread is situated in our Politics, Religion, Social Issues discussion board. All discussion board participants and web page guests are welcome to learn and apply the thread, however posting is proscribed to discussion board participants with no less than 100 posts.
Discuss this newsletter in our boards